- Contain the rain water as it rains through rooftop water harvesting
- Use the rain water, re-used water from bath and sinks to irrigate lawn and garden in the morning or evening when temperatures are cooler to minimise evaporation.
- Wash your fruits and vegetables in a bowl instead of running water from the tap
- Take a shower instead of bath
MEDIA STATEMENT: WATER CONSERVATION AND WATER DEMAND MANAGEMENT
The communication is a strategic function. The unit deals with Internal & External Communication, Conducting imbizo Programmes, Media and stakeholder liaison, media production, marketing and branding. The municipality has adopted the communication strategy, which entails the channels and tools of communicating to the stakeholders. These channels and tools are amongst other municipal website, municipal face-book, local print and electronic media.
Latest from Communications Unit
- SCAM ALERT: MUNICIPALITY WARNS OF A ELECTRICITY TOKEN SCAM
- NOTICE: RESOLUTION ON LEVYING OF PROPERTY RATES FOR FINANCIAL YEAR 01 JULY 2022 TO 30 JUNE 2023
- MEDIA STATEMENT: WATER CONSERVATION AND WATER DEMAND MANAGEMENT MEDIA STATEMENT
- NOTICE: EMALAHLENI LOCAL MUNICIPALITY DRAFT ELM HERITAGE RESOURCES BY-LAW
- NOTICE: ON THE DAM WINTER FLEA MARKET