- Property tax: This is a tax charged to property owners by the municipality in terms of the Municipality Property Rates policy.
- Closing balance: The previous balance on your account that has been carried over from the previous statement to the current statement.
- Electricity consumption: This is the charge for electricity consumption for the month per readings taken from your meter. Estimated consumption is also used to bill this amount where no readings can be obtained. If you are on Pre-Paid this line item will not show on your bill.
- Water consumption: This is your water consumption for the month in accordance with readings taken from your meter. Estimated consumption is also used to bill this item where no readings can be obtained.
- Sewerage: The municipality charges you for safe disposal of human waste, waste from your washing, cooking etc. that goes into the municipal sewer network.
- Refuse: A charge for the collection and disposal of solid waste material.
MEDIA STATEMENT: Q3 WATER CONSERVATION AND WATER DEMAND MANAGEMENT MEDIA STATEMENT 2022-2023
The communication is a strategic function. The unit deals with Internal & External Communication, Conducting imbizo Programmes, Media and stakeholder liaison, media production, marketing and branding. The municipality has adopted the communication strategy, which entails the channels and tools of communicating to the stakeholders. These channels and tools are amongst other municipal website, municipal face-book, local print and electronic media.
Latest from Communications Unit
- WATER CONSERVATION AND WATER DEMAND MANAGEMENT MEDIA STATEMENT
- ELM NEWSLETTER Q2 2023/24
- 2023 CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR MESSAGE BY THE EXECUTIVE MAYOR OF EMALAHLENI LOCAL MUNICIPALITY
- IDP Representative and LED Forum Held at the Civic Centre Banquet Hall
- THE EXECUTIVE MAYOR, CLLR LEAH MABUZA TABLES HER 100DAY’S MILESTONES ON THE OCCASION OF THE BUSINESS BREAKFAST ROUNDTABLE EMALAHLENI CIVC CENTRE, BANQUET HALL