Human Resources Management
Administration and Auxiliaries
Information Communication Technology
The Directorate renders support service to the core service delivery departments of the Municipality. The support service is rendered through:
- provision and management of human resource,
- building institutional capacity,
- promoting sound labour relations
- rendering administrative support to the Institution and
- it renders excellent legal services.
Functions of the Directorate.
- Responsible for Planning, Policy Development/Review and Monitoring and Evaluation,
- control and manage the day to day administrative affairs of the Corporate Services Directorate to ensure that policies are implemented promptly, efficiently, and within the parameters of all relevant legislation,
- Interface with both elected members and officials,
- Ensure that employees meet their required outputs and outcomes,
- Communicate Council policies and provide leadership and strategic advice as necessary,
- Institute a robust system of internal controls and delegation that provides employees with a clear understanding of their obligations,
- Contribute to the review of the IDP annually and ensure that Council policies and priorities as related to Corporate Services are reflected in the IDP and budget,
- To take a proactive role in ensuring that competent Human Resources are available at the right time and place (HR Planning) and that Institutional Support is provided for throughout the institution,
- Facilitate the review of all the by-laws
- Training of Cllrs, Employees and unemployed,
- Benefits Administration,
- Labour Relations,
- Staff Provisioning,
- HR Planning and OD,and
- Administer Individual PMS.
- HIV and Aids in the Workplace,
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Injury on Duty and
- Employee assistance program.
Administrative and Auxillaries
- Office Support,
- Facilities Management and
- Customer Care.
Information Communication and Technology
- IT Support and Systems Administration, and
- Networking, Software and hardware maintenance.
The Department manages all litigation by or against the Municipality, except litigation pertaining to revenue co.
The Department with major precedent setting cases and plays an important role in the prevention of litig identifying potential risks and dealing with it immediately. These risks are mitigated by ensuring proactive intervention in the form of perusing all reports and submitted to various decision making bodies of the Council formal advice on procedure and processes.
Provide legal advice to Council and Directors with regard to Local Government and Labour issues
Provide guidance in handling of all Legal matters against Council and Disciplinary processes to ensure fair and consistent handling of complains in order to protect the public.
Compilation and formulation of Regulations and amendments to Legislation required to Council
Carry out Legal Actions of the Council
Provide Legal Services during enquiries and appeal processes, etc.
Attend to all correspondence with regard to Legal matters
Draft legal documents.
Maintain records of all Legal cases both finalized and pending.
Providing proper Interpretation of Legislation and providing proper Advice to Council and to the entire Executive Management.